#LOVE: THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT (PART 1)


Are you really fulfilling the greatest commandment?

Hello, how was the entire week for you? stressful, relaxing, exciting, adventurous, however feeling it was you can drop it in the comment section 😊.

On our topic: Love: The Fruit of the Spirit...


Matthew 22: 37-38

Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest commandment...

When I gave my life to God in 2018 at a night vigil in school. it was really awesome, knowing I belong to God's family. I decided to serve in the chapel, this was my own way of loving Him. I didn't know I needed to also love Him daily (show my love in my daily activities).

I remember I still had these abusive words in my mouth. I didn't know that, if I say I love God, I had to express it in another way apart from serving Him in Church. 

In 2021, I became closer to God and when I checked myself, yeah a lot of things I was doing had gone. At the beginning of this year 2022, I wanted to show the love I had for God not just by my words but in my action. 


But the question still remains how do I love God? 

I read Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, and I got some insight, I want to share with you 😌. If I say I love God, then I should obey His command. If I loved someone, I would want to build a relationship with that person and that also applies to God. If I love God, I would build a personal relationship with Him, and...

I wouldn't think twice before proclaiming and sharing the Gospel. I would always want to promote that friend of mine that I love so much. If I love God, I should also love the people He loves. Most times, we end up being friends with people we do not relate with because of that one friend we have. God loves the people He created, so also would I love them. I am part of those created, which means I should also love myself.  

What other ways can you express your love for God, you can share them in the comment section. Let's all grow Together. Have a lovely weekend🤗

Till I write again...

your blog bestie,

Omoye


Comments

  1. My week was adventourous, it was more of me finding myself and I learnt a lot. I believe you can share your love for God by doing everything with a mind of "what will Jesus do"
    Patiently waiting for your next post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving God is the best thing that can ever happen to anyone. Can’t wait for next episode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expressing the love of God should be a thing that encompasses every areas of man's life for that is the greatest commandment that is that every one should and must look forward to

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't claim to love God without doing what he tells me to do, obeying his commandments and doing his will shows I love him.
    I pray the holy spirit help us more, and if anyone is reading this and doesn't have this fruit, I pray you receive in Jesus name. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment